Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 18 Yosemite

This is a amazing place. It's probably been close to 40 years since I've been here and the memory of it's grandeur had faded so much that it seems like I'm here for the very first time.

Today and tomorrow are rest days and after yesterdays climbing I'm ready for a break. Climbing days like that make me want to get on my upright again. I can't help but wonder how the much more difficult the higher climbs over the Sierras and then Colorado will be. I guess its best to just take it one day at a time.

My cough had gotten worse the last two days so I finally decided to see the Doc and got some antibiotics and expectorants.

A short bike ride around the valley and a few minutes icing my legs and back in the Merced river felt nice. We finally connected with Tim Colman from Glad. We shared a few beers and dinner and then I was in bed before 8.

No comments: