Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 5

After the hardest 50 mile ride in my life, Saturday (headwinds at 25 knots sustained), with Pete telling stories about even stronger winds riding over the pass to Ellensburg, we didn't wake up until 8:30 (we went to bed at 9:00PM. We woke up to calm and sunny conditions. Pete had promised a break that morning but couldn't wait and said he'd meet me at Starbucks for breakfast (slave driver). 99 miles and 9hours later we arrived in Port Orford.
Douglas County,Oregon had the smoothest asphalt. All the other counties are using chip seal which rattles you. I took a picture of this wonderful road material.
My day OS typically spent trying to find a draft behind Pete. A recumbent style bike is very aero compared with a upright
I only find a little rest going up hills. A recumbent bike doesn't do to well on these.

No comments: